03 February 2013

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)


          Essential plot rundown:  The search for Bin Laden finally ends.  So, yea.

          This movie was not what I was expecting.  I was expecting more action and special team stuff.  But, it is mostly drama.  The majority of the movie is people in offices looking at their computers.  Ok, not really.  But I expecting more raids.

          The movie starts out with a punch, depicting an "interrogation".  And that was kind of hard to watch during parts.  However, with its 2 1/2 hour running time, it does move a little slow at times.  But that could probably be due to the anticipation of the final assault.  And when it finally happens, it's pretty sweet.  It was really cool to see how the team worked together and moved its way through the compound.  It was fairly intense.

          The story was good; there were only two things I didn't understand.  And I wonder how much actually happened and how much was creative license. The acting was good.  I believed everyone in their role.  Except for Jessica Chastain; her beauty was too distracting.  And, it was surprisingly funny; I was surprised.

          But, overall, it was a really good movie.  My only complaint was that it moved a little slow at parts.  Other than that, I really liked it.  I would recommend it.


     But that's just my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment