21 September 2012

More Transformers 4


          So, some new news(?) has come out about the new Transformers movie.  And I found it a little interesting as it does not concern directors, actors, plot or any of the news that normally accompanies new movies.  It has to do with the Transformers themselves.  And it comes from Hasbro, not Paramount.

          So, apparently Hasbro is a little disappointed with the Transformers franchise.  And their complaint is that the movies didn't generate enough toy sales.  Cuz, I mean c'mon, what is the point of making movies about giant robots if nobody buys the toys?  So they are going to use all different Transformers for the upcoming installment to try and sell more toys.

          That came as kind of a surprise to me because I never really connected the two (movies and toys) together like that.  But it makes sense financially.  But it seems weird that they would complain about lack of sales considering a huge part of their toy-line was Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.  And I was a little disappointed that they didn't have an action figure for Dino/Mirage.


I didn't buy any toys, but if I did, he would have been one.  I thought he was one of the cooler supporting Transformers.

          So that is the news.  There is nothing official, as far as I know, as to whether they will just introduce new existing Transformers (such as Hound or Kup) or create entirely new ones like they did with the Twins or the Fallen.  But either way, I'm interested to see where this goes.

          Oh, and HERE is the article.


     But that's just my opinion...




No comments:

Post a Comment