09 September 2012

The Green Mile (1999)


          Essential plot rundown:  The lives of a few guards are changed when a new prisoner is brought into their care.  So, like a lot of movies, this has been on my "to see" list for a while.  But, after Michael Clarke Duncan's tragic passing, I had to move it to the top, right above Spawn.  (Weird, huh?)

          I don't have much to say about this other than see it.  Now.  This was an amazing movie, truly touching.  The story is good.  And the acting is great.  I loved everyone and believed them in their roles.  Everybody, major or minor character, was spot on.  I grew to know these people and care for them.  Except for Percy; him, I grew to hate.  I don't think I have hated somebody that much in a long time.  Every time he would come on screen, I would get sick in my stomach and expect him to do something awful.  And, that is how good the acting/writing was.  The movie runs just shy of 3 hours, but never did I feel like it was dragging.

          I really only had one complaint.  Whenever John Coffey used his gift, it was too supernatural.  I understood why certain things would happen, but it still drew me out of the movie for a second.  By the end, I kind of got use to it.  But, I still felt that it was a little too much.

          So, I would highly recommend this movie.  Everything about it is amazing, specifically the acting.  And I couldn't help but think of Jesus as I was watching this.  A great film.


     But that's just my opinion...




No comments:

Post a Comment